Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My Path...

My name is Brandon Tschannen. I am 19 years old and I from Fort Wayne Indiana. I am writing on this blog to share my path with all of you... Each of our paths is different from one another. There is never a path that is identical to one another. Society builds a path on a nice slab of concrete for all of us and suggests we follow it to reach the end of the path. Some of us veer off just a little of that slab and few of us go way far away from the sidewalk.
For me, I have taken a very sharp turn away from that path that was paved down for all of us. In the fall of 2009 I started to attend Ball State University. I went through some rough times and good times while I was there my freshman year. In November, I lost my father to cancer the week before finals. With all of this confusion going on in my life I began to question everything. I questioned what was my purpose? Why was I here? Was happiness the goal? This is something I didn't know a little less than a year ago. 
This is just the beginning of my path in life. I want to share it with the world so everyone can know that it is ok to question everything. I want people to know that just because society tells you that you have to do something a certain way doesn’t mean that, it is the right way. For too long I have listened to people and try to please their expectations of myself. This whole time I have been pleasing everyone but one person; myself. I hope you all will follow this as I tell more of my story. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's very true.

Anonymous said...

I have made a few turns myself..

Anonymous said...

Okay but you're dad was so proud that you went to college. And I knew you and so were you. What made you change all of that?

Anonymous said...

I think that your dad might have been proud of you for going to college, for trying it out. college isn't for everyone, and i think he would've realized that it might not have been for you. i never knew your dad, but it seems to me that he would have wanted you to be happy with whatever decision you made. end of story.

Anonymous said...

I am very interested to hear about your story! I have heard bits and pieces throughout the past year and they are truly amazing stories! I hope everyone can at least see this blog because I feel like it could change a lot of people's lives in a way. Your stories put life into perspective and they seem to make the blinded able to see what is truly important. I know I will be following! Good luck!